(A)   The Clerk-Treasurer may make claim payments in advance of Council allowance for the following kind of expenses, provided that the procedures contained in this section are followed:
      (1)   License or permit fees;
      (2)   Insurance premiums;
      (3)   Utility payments or utility connection charges;
      (4)   Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
      (5)   Maintenance or service agreements;
      (6)   Leases or rental agreements;
      (7)   Bond or coupon payments;
      (8)   Payroll;
      (9)   State, federal or county taxes; and
      (10)   Expenses that must be paid because of emergency circumstances.
   (B)   Each payment out of this section must be supported by a fully itemized invoice or bill and certified by the Clerk-Treasurer.
   (C)   The Board having jurisdiction over the allowance of the claim, shall review and allow the claim at its next regular or special meeting following the pre-approved payment of the expense.
(1998 Code, § 2-155)  (Ord. 746-2008, passed 12- -2008)
Statutory reference:
   Pre-approved payments of claims, see I.C. 36-4-8-14