Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Mayoral appointments. Pursuant to I.C. 36-4-9-8, the Mayor shall appoint:
(1) A City Civil Engineer;
(2) A City Attorney;
(3) A Chief of the Fire Department;
(4) A Chief of the Police Department; and
(5) Other officers, employees, boards and commissions required by statute.
(1998 Code, § 2-38)
(B) Compensation to be set by Mayor.
(1) Pursuant to I.C. 36-4-7-3, the Mayor shall fix the compensation of each appointive officer, deputy and other employees of the city excluding the Police and Fire Departments.
(2) Compensation must be fixed before August 2.
(1998 Code, § 2-39)
(C) Suspension and removal procedures. Pursuant to I.C. 36-4-11-2, the Mayor may suspend or remove from office any officers, deputies or other employees by notifying the affected person and sending a written statement of the reasons for the suspension or removal to the city legislative body.
(1998 Code, § 2-40)