Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Clerk-Treasurer may administer oaths, takes depositions and takes acknowledgments of instruments as required by law.
(B) The City Clerk-Treasurer may perform all duties prescribed by law, which include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Serve as Clerk of the Common Council pursuant to I.C. 36-4-6-9 and maintain custody of its records;
(2) Maintain all records required by law;
(3) Keep the city seal;
(4) Upon the Clerk-Treasurer's successor being elected and qualified deliver all the records and property of the Clerk-Treasurer's office;
(5) Administer oaths when necessary on the discharge of the Clerk-Treasurer's duties, without charging a fee;
(6) Take depositions, without charging a fee;
(7) Take acknowledgment of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged without charging a fee; and
(8) Perform all other duties prescribed by law.
(1998 Code, § 2-21)