Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. From and after the effective date hereof, no request for subdivision approval shall be granted, approved or issued unless the applicant has provided information necessary to establish that adequate public facilities in the area affected by the proposed development have been determined to have sufficient capacity available at the adopted level of service standards to accommodate the proposed development within a reasonable period of time following the issuance of final subdivision plat approval for the proposed development.
B. Essential public facilities to which this requirement will apply include the following:
1. Culinary water system, including water quality, treatment, storage capacity and transmission/distribution system capacity.
2. Secondary water (pressurized irrigation), including source, storage capacity, transmission and distribution, and storage capacity.
3. Sanitary sewer system, including treatment facilities, outfall lines, lateral and collector lines.
4. Storm drainage, including surface and subsurface, and flood control facilities.
5. Transportation facilities, including streets, roads, highways and intersections.
6. Parks and related recreational facilities.
7. Power facilities, including service, transmission and lighting.
C. Procedures for processing applications for subdivision approval and setting forth information which the applicant shall be required to submit in support of an application for subdivision approval, together with criteria for determining whether adequate public facilities are available at adopted level of service standards shall be set forth in the city development standards and public improvement specifications, which are adopted by this reference, in their entirety, as more fully set forth in section 12-1-2 of this chapter. (1984 Code § 17.04.010; amd. 2015 Code)