Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Preparation; submission; commission action; recording.
(1) The final plat shall conform substantially to the preliminary plan as approved, and, if desired by the subdivider, it may constitute only that portion of the approved preliminary plan which he or she proposes to record and develop at the time, provided, however, that such portion conforms to all requirements of these subdivision regulations.
(2) Seven copies of the final plat shall be prepared as specified in division (B) hereof and shall be submitted to the Planning Commission within 12 months after approval of the preliminary plan; otherwise, such approval shall become null and void unless an extension of time is applied for and granted by the Planning Commission.
(3) The action of the Planning Commission shall be noted on all seven copies of the final plat. Six copies of the final plat shall be retained by the Planning Commission for filing and distribution to appropriate city departments, and the remaining copy shall be returned to the subdivider.
(4) The subdivider shall record the final plat in the office of the Recorder of Warren County, Ohio, within 60 days after date of approval; otherwise the plat shall be considered void.
(B) Form and contents. The final plat shall be clearly and legibly drawn in ink on Mylar (4-mil double matte finish white) at a scale not smaller than 100 feet to the inch and shall show the following information:
(1) North point, scale and date.
(2) All plat boundaries with lengths of course to hundredths of a foot and bearings to the seconds. The error of closure shall not exceed 1 to 10,000. (When required, all calculations and field notes shall be submitted). Plat boundary to be shown by heavy lines.
(3) The name of the subdivision with the correct description of the property being subdivided and its location by section, town, range, or city lot number, with deed book and page reference and acreage to ten-thousandths shall be delineated utilizing the following language:
Situated in Sec. ____, Town ____, Range ____, City of Lebanon, Ohio, Containing ____ acres and being (part of) the same tract as conveyed to ________ and described in the Deed Record in Deed (Official Record) Book ____, Page ____, Warren County, Ohio.
(4) The names, exact location and width along the property lines of all existing or recorded streets intersecting or paralleling the plat boundaries.
(5) The names on record of all abutting tracts and the corresponding acreage with their deed book and page reference and/or the plat book reference of all abutting plats or city lot numbers.
(6) Bearings and distances to nearest established street boundaries, section lines or other recognized lines.
(7) Any section lines, corporation limits, township and county lines accurately monumented and located on the plat and their names lettered thereon. Any development, road right-of-way, or lot split by section, town, or range lines shall indicate acreage of each section in each parcel.
(8) Street names and street and alley lines with bearings or angles of intersection and widths (including the width along the lines of any obliquely intersecting street).
(9) The length of all arcs and radii, points of curvature and tangent bearings. In cases where the intersection of property lines is rounded, the radius shall be noted.
(10) All easements or rights-of-way provided for public use.
(11) All lot lines with dimensions in feet and hundredths, including dimensions on the building line when the side lot lines are not parallel.
(12) The accurate location and material of all monuments (the type of lot corner markers shall be clearly indicated on the plat).
(13) All public property and parcels of land to be dedicated or reserved to public use accurately outlined and described.
(14) Protective covenants and restrictions.
(15) Building setback lines.
(16) The certificate of the registered surveyor, attesting to the accuracy of the survey and the correct location of all monuments shown.
(17) Acknowledgment of the owner to the plat and restrictions, including dedications to public use of all streets, alleys, parks or other open spaces shown thereon and the granting of the required easements as shown to be indicated by the following statement on the plat tracing: “Easements shown on this plat are for the construction, operation, maintenance, repair, replacement, or removal of water, gas, sewer, electric, telephone or other utilities or services, and for the express purpose of removing any and all trees or other obstructions to the free use of such utilities and for providing of ingress and egress to the property for such purposes, and are to be maintained as such forever.”
(18) Total acreage in the subdivision, acreage in lots, acreage in streets.
(19) A certificate by the City Engineer certifying that the subdivider has complied with one of the following alternatives:
(a) All improvements, including required landscaping, have been installed in accordance with the requirements of these subdivision regulations and with the action of the Planning Commission.
(b) An acceptable public improvement bond or certified check has been filed in accordance with these subdivision regulations.
(20) Other certificates, easements, and documents for required approvals and accepting dedications.
(21) Overland drainage control. The City of Lebanon assumes no legal obligation to maintain or repair any existing or newly constructed open drainage ditches or channels designated as “drainage easements” on this plat. The easement area of each lot and all of the improvements within it shall be maintained continuously by the lot owner. Within the easements, no structure, planting, fencing, culvert, or obstruction of any kind shall be placed or permitted to remain which may obstruct, retard, or divert the flow through the watercourse.
(Am. Ord. 6206, passed 4-26-88; Am. Ord. 6656, passed 11-12-91; Am. Ord. 7451, passed 11-11-97; Am. Ord. 7811, passed 5-9-00; Am. Ord. 8147, passed 4-10-01; Am. Ord. 9364, passed 7-25-06)