Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager or his or her designee may, in writing, grant a temporary variance for existing water uses otherwise prohibited under this chapter if it is determined that failure to grant such variance would cause an emergency condition adversely affecting the health, sanitation, or fire protection for the public or the person requesting such variance and if the person requesting the variance provides the following information:
(1) Name and address of the petitioner(s).
(2) Purpose of water use.
(3) Specific provision(s) of this chapter from which the petitioner is requesting relief.
(4) Detailed statement as to how the specific provision of the Plan adversely affects the petitioner or what damage or harm will occur to the petitioner or others if petitioner complies with this chapter.
(5) Description of the relief requested.
(6) Period of time for which the variance is sought.
(7) Alternative water use restrictions or other measures the petitioner is taking or proposes to take to meet the intent of this chapter and the compliance date.
(8) Other pertinent information.
(B) Variances granted by the city shall be subject to the following conditions unless waived or modified by the City Manager or his or her designee:
(1) Variances granted shall include a timetable for compliance.
(2) Variances granted shall expire when the water use restrictions are no longer in effect, unless the petitioner has failed to meet specified requirements.
(C) No variance shall be retroactive or otherwise justify any violation of this chapter occurring prior to the issuance of the variance.
(Ord. 7966, passed 10-24-00)