Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE 2012- 04
AN ORDINANCE OF THE COMMON COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LEBANON, INDIANA, ENACTING A CODE OF ORDINANCES, REVISING, AMENDING, RESTATING, CODIFYING AND COMPILING CERTAIN EXISTING ORDINANCES DEALING WITH SUBJECTS EMBRACED IN SUCH CODE OF ORDINANCES
WHEREAS, the present general and permanent ordinances of the City of Lebanon (“city”) are inadequately arranged and classified and are insufficient in form and substance for the complete preservation of the public peace, health, safety and general welfare of the city and for the proper conduct of its affairs; and
WHEREAS, I.C. 36-1-5 empowers and authorizes the city to revise, amend, restate, codify and compile any existing ordinances and all new ordinances not heretofore adopted or published and to incorporate such ordinances into code form (“code”); and
WHEREAS, the Common Council (“Council”) of the City of Lebanon, Indiana, has authorized a general compilation, revision, and codification of the ordinances of the city of a general and permanent nature and publication of the code in book form; and
WHEREAS, the Council deems it necessary to provide for the usual daily operation of the municipality, and for the preservation of the public peace, health, safety and general welfare of the city that this ordinance take effect as provided by law.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the City Council of the City of Lebanon, Indiana, as follows:
1. The general ordinances of the City of Lebanon, Indiana (“city”), as revised, amended, restated, codified and compiled in book form are hereby adopted as and shall constitute the “Code of Ordinances of the City of Lebanon, Indiana”.
2. Such Code of Ordinances (“code”) as adopted in Section 1 shall consist of the following titles:
TITLE I: GENERAL PROVISIONS
TITLE III: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
TITLE V: PUBLIC WORKS
TITLE VII: TRAFFIC CODE
TITLE IX: GENERAL REGULATIONS
TITLE XI: BUSINESS REGULATIONS
TITLE XIII: GENERAL OFFENSES
TITLE XV: UNIFIED DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE.
3. All prior ordinances pertaining to the subjects treated in the Code of Ordinances shall be deemed repealed from and after the effective date of this ordinance except as they are included and reordained in whole or in part in the code; provided, such repeal shall not affect any offense committed or penalty incurred or any right established prior to the effective date of this ordinance, nor shall any such repeal affect the provisions of ordinances levying taxes, appropriating money, annexing or detaching territory, establishing franchises, or granting special rights to certain persons, authorizing public improvements, authorizing the issuance of bonds or borrowing of money, authorizing the purchase or sale of real or personal property, granting or accepting easements, plat or dedication of land to public use, vacating or setting the boundaries or streets or other public places, or zoning, re-zoning or ordinances granting special uses of real estate; nor shall the repeal affect any other ordinance of a temporary or special nature pertaining to subjects not contained in or covered by the code.
4. The code shall be deemed published as provided for in Indiana law and the Clerk-Treasurer of the city shall keep and maintain two copies of the code for public use and inspection.
5. The code shall be in full force and effect as provided in Section 4, and the code shall be presumptive evidence in all courts, forums and places of the ordinances, provisions, penalties and regulations contained therein, as provided in I.C. 36-1-5-5.
The effective date of this ordinance shall be as mandated by Indiana law.
Adopted by the Common Council of the City of Lebanon, Indiana, on March 12 , 2012.
THE COMMON COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LEBANON, INDIANA
Harold “Huck” Lewis /s/
Harold “Huck” Lewis, Mayor
Keith Campbell /s/
Mike Kincaid /s/
Lana Kruse /s/
Jeremy Lamar /s/
Steve Large /s/
Preston Myers /s/
Tonya Thayer /s/