Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The purpose of this section is to establish specific regulations for the design and development of mobile home parks. Mobile home parks, per § 154.32 Conditionally Permitted Uses, are designated as such, shall be reviewed in accordance with the provisions of that section and the following regulations. They shall also comply with any applicable federal and state laws.
(B) Design and construction standards. All mobile home parks shall adhere to the provisions of Chapter 153, the Subdivision Code, regarding public streets, sidewalks and underground utilities.
(1) Each park shall have a total land area of no less than 10 acres.
(2) Individual mobile home lots shall be no less than 3,000 square feet in area and have minimum dimensions of 30 feet wide by 100 feet deep.
(3) Each mobile home lot shall have two parking spaces, one of which may be located off the lot but within 200 feet of the lot it serves.
(4) Each mobile home shall be no closer than 30 feet to the street right-of-way.
(5) Each mobile home lot shall be equipped with a concrete slab of adequate thickness and size to support the mobile home during all seasons.
(6) Permitted accessory buildings and uses shall be limited to management offices, laundry facilities, recreational areas, and individual storage sheds.
(7) Each mobile home park shall be adequately lighted for safety at night.
(8) No mobile home lot, parking area, recreational area or accessory building or use shall be closer than 50 feet to any adjoining residential property or external public street.
(9) A single ground mounted sign shall be permitted provided that it adheres to the provisions of § 154.40(D)(3).
(10) Landscaping, buffering, and screening provisions shall comply with § 154.39.
(Ord. 99-14, passed 12-20-99; Am. Ord. 16-2003, passed 11-17-03) Penalty, see § 154.19