Any person, including the city, who believes there is property located within the corporate limits of the city which has growing plant matter in violation of this subchapter, shall make a written complaint signed, dated and filed with the City Clerk-Treasurer.  If the city makes the complaint, an employee, officer or Councilmember of the city shall file the complaint in all respects as set out above.