Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Tenant Identification Signs - R-2, R-3, and R-4 Zones Only. One tenant identification wall sign is allowed in the R-2, R-3, and R-4 zones on each building within a complex, subject to the limitations set forth in Table 3-10. Any such sign shall count toward the total of the maximum permitted sign area.
B. Development Identification Sign - All Residential Zones. For any residentially zoned property in any zone having 200 linear feet or more of property frontage on a street, one street-oriented monument sign on that street frontage is allowed to identify the development, subject to the following requirements. Any such sign shall count toward the total of the maximum permitted sign area.
1. The sign shall not exceed a height of five feet.
2. The sign face shall not exceed a total of 25 square feet in area.
3. In no case shall the sign be located less than five feet from any driveway entrance/exit or public right-of-way or 20 feet from any adjacent property.
4. The street address numbers of the property(ies) represented by the sign shall be included on all faces of the monument structure in four-inch high numerals. The area required for the numerals shall not be counted towards the maximum permitted sign area.
5. Such sign shall incorporate architectural elements, materials, and colors of the building(s) it represents. Exposed support posts, angle irons, conduits, cables, or other similar structural and electrical elements shall not be allowed. If the architectural features, color, or exterior materials of the building(s) are changed, the sign structure shall be similarly changed.
6. The location of such sign shall be subject to the review and approval of the Director.
C. Signs for Providing Safe Vehicle and Pedestrian Movement. For developments on sites five acres or larger in size, signs provided for the safe movement of vehicles and pedestrians are allowed subject to the approval of the Director with regard to the number, size, and location of such signs deemed necessary for the site. In no event shall any single such sign exceed 25 square feet in sign area and four feet in height.
D. Bulletin Boards in All Residential Zones - Places of Religious Assembly, Charitable and Education Use, and Multi-family Residential Developments. On any property in a residential zone on which a place of religious assembly, charitable or educational use, or multi-family residential building has been established, a maximum of one freestanding or wall-mounted bulletin board sign may be erected and maintained, subject to the following requirements:
1. The bulletin board shall not be located on any area on the property visible from a public right-of-way.
2. The bulletin board shall not exceed eight feet in height.
3. The sign face shall not exceed 50 square feet in area. (Ord. 935 § 3 (part), 2015)