Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Campgrounds are classified as major land development and require compliance with Parts 2, 3 and 4 of this Chapter. Such campgrounds include commercial, recreational and private campgrounds. In addition, all campgrounds shall conform to the Lamar Township Zoning Ordinance [Chapter 27] in effect. The following provisions also apply:
A. A campground permit shall be secured from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. [Ord.12/10/2001]
B. Sewage facilities shall meet the following standards:
(1) All sewage facilities shall be constructed in accordance with the standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. [Ord. 12 / 10 /2001 ]
(2) Campgrounds shall provide one sanitary station for every 100 trailer spaces for disposal of sewage from trailer holding tanks.
(3) One male and one female toilet and sink shall be required for each 15 tent or travel trailer spaces.
C. All internal streets within the campground shall meet the following design standards:
(1) Minimum subbase: 6 inches of compacted stone.
(2) Minimum base and wearing surface: Four (4) inches of 2 RC or similar material.
(3) For a two-way road, a 16 foot cartway is required and for a one-way road, a 10 foot cartway width is required.
D. Unregistered vehicles are prohibited unless kept within a garage.
E. Bathing facilities or showers, if provided, shall meet the following standards:
(1) Facilities shall be of a design which is readily cleanable and shall be maintained in a sanitary condition.
(2) Facilities shall be properly drained.
(3) Facilities shall be properly ventilated.
(Ord. 3/9/1993A, § 503; as amended by Ord. 12/10/2001)