Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. All police officers employed by the village, other than those officers who shall be employed on a full time basis, shall be qualified to enter and successfully complete any training mandated by the Illinois law enforcement training standards board. Part time police officers shall be trained in accordance with the Illinois police training act 1 and the rules and requirements of the ILETSB.
B. Any person employed as a part time police officer must meet the following standards:
1. Be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health, and physically and mentally able to perform assigned duties.
2. Be at least twenty one (21) years of age.
3. Pass a medical examination.
4. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
5. Possess a valid state of Illinois driver's license.
6. Possess no prior felony convictions.
C. The aforesaid hiring standards, particularly with respect to part time police officers employed by the village of Lake Villa, Lake County, Illinois, shall be submitted to the Illinois law enforcement training standards board, as required by statute. (Ord. 2012-05-02, 5-9-2012)
2. 50 ILCS 705/1 et seq.