Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Except where specific approval is granted by the city due to unique and peculiar circumstances or needs resulting from the size or location of property requiring a modification of standards as set forth below, the minimum standards for the construction of driveway approaches, curbcuts, and other similar access points shall be as follows in §§ 5 through 15.
(B) All driveways within public rights- of-way shall conform to the following:
(1) All driveways shall be required to have Type I or 2500 p.s.i. strength.
(2) Expansion joints shall be placed every ten feet.
(3) All site preparation, i.e., clearing, leveling, etc., shall be completed before concrete pouring begins.
(4) Driveways shall accommodate existing drainage conditions.
(5) Restoration to the right-of-way will be the responsibility of the contractor.
(6) Traffic control, i.e., signs, flagmen, barricades, etc., will be provided by the contractor.
(7) Thickness of all driveways shall be a minimum of six inches with wire mesh reinforcement.
(8) In addition to specific criteria related to widths and curb cuts as defined in § 5 of this Appendix, driveways shall have a minimum width of ten feet within the right-of-way with a 16-foot curb cut.
(Ord. 241, passed 11-27-85; Am. Ord. 454, passed 8-17-89; Am. Ord. 640, passed 6-3-93) Penalty, see § 23