Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Temporary structures, including mobile homes and travel trailers, may be used as construction field offices and tool sheds and sales offices when accessory to the development of a subdivision or site plan and subject to the following regulations:
(1) Use shall be temporary and shall expire when 90% of the subdivision is completed, or within 18 months, whichever comes first.
(2) In the case of individual permanent structures (site plans), this temporary use shall not exceed one year, or ten days after completion of the permanent structure, whichever comes first.
(3) Permits for temporary structures shall be obtained from the Building Division. When these permits expire, they may be renewed by the Building Division for a period not to exceed one 90-day period. Upon expiration of any permit for a temporary structure, the structure shall be removed from the premises.
(B) Temporary structures, including model homes, mobile homes, and travel trailers, may be used as sales offices for a subdivision in a residential district. Such sales offices shall not include sales of real estate outside the subdivision, and are subject to the above regulations.
(C) Temporary structure including mobile homes, travel trailers and modular structures may be used as government offices. Such offices may be used for the necessary day to day services a government entity provides. The temporary structure shall be required to obtain conditional use and/or site plan approval in accordance with the zoning district regulations governing the property and also subject to the following:
(1) Use shall be temporary and shall expire within 18 months from the date of issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, unless a new conditional use and/or site plan is approved by the City Commission for a time period not to exceed 12 months.
(2) The temporary structure shall be located on the site in accordance with underlying zoning district setbacks for the property and published safety standards.
(3) Due to the temporary nature of the use, the City Commission may defer landscaping requirements and paved parking.
(4) The use shall be provided with all applicable required infrastructure and comply with all applicable building codes.
(Ord. 241, passed 11-27-85; Am. Ord. 697, passed 6-2-94; Am. Ord. 911, passed 12-17-98) Penalty, see § 154.999