Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to send into, bring into or receive in the city for sale, or to sell, or offer for sale therein, or to have in storage where milk or milk products are sold or served, any milk or milk products defined in this subchapter, who does not possess a permit from the County Health Department.
(2) Only persons who comply with the requirements of this subchapter shall be entitled to receive and retain such a permit.
(1) No person, firm or corporation shall engage in sale, delivery or distribution of milk or milk products within the city without first obtaining a license therefor as herein provided.
(2) Such license may be revoked by the Health Officer upon the violation by the licensee of any of the provisions of this subchapter or of any of the rules and regulations pertaining thereto or in an emergency when, in the judgment of the Health Officer, the milk or milk products handled by the licensee has or may become a public health menace.
(C) Applications. Persons desiring to engage in the sale, delivery or distribution of milk or milk products within the city shall make written application to the Health Officer of the city, who may authorize the issuance of a license upon satisfactory proof that applicant is entitled hereunder to such license.
(D) Fees. The annual fees for the various licenses for engaging in the business of the sale, delivery and distribution of milk and milk products in the city shall be as follows:
(1) For engaging in the business of the delivery, or distribution of milk, the sum as set out in the fee schedule for each vehicle employed in such delivery or distribution;
(2) For retail business where milk is sold or kept on the premises, except where a food dealer’s license has been issued the sum as set out in the fee schedule; and
(3) For each milk vending machine, the sum as set out in the fee schedule.
(E) Display of sticker. Any person engaged in the business of delivering or distributing milk or milk products within the city shall have displayed on each vehicle engaged in such business a milk dealer’s license plate or sticker issued by the city.
(F) Display of certificate. Any person who shall engage in the wholesale or retail milk business in the city shall cause his or her license certificate to be placed and to remain in a conspicuous place in his or her place of business.
(Prior Code, § 24-3) (Ord. 1293, passed 4-5-1982; Ord. 1496, passed 4-13-1985) Penalty, see § 115.99