Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A motion to adjourn the City Council shall always be in order, except:
(1) When a member is in possession of the floor;
(2) While the ayes and noes are being called;
(3) When the members are voting;
(4) When adjournment was the last preceding motion; or
(5) When it has been decided that the previous question shall be taken.
(B) A motion to adjourn, simply, cannot be amended; but a motion to adjourn to a given time may be and is open to debate.
(Prior Code, § 2-32)