§ 155.13  DESIGNATION OF LANDMARKS AND PROPERTIES LISTED IN THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES.
   The following areas, properties, structures, sites or objects are found to meet the criteria for designation in §§ 155.05 or 155.06 based on reports submitted to the Council in support of said designation and are hereby designated under the provisions of this chapter:
Date Listed
Description
Date Listed
Description
9-17-1998
The area of the 1857 plat of the city, known as the Lake Forest Historic District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and defined by the boundaries of such listing, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a historic district under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
The Vine-Oakwood-Green Bay Road Historic District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 and defined by the boundaries of such listing, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a historic district under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
The Green Bay Road Historic District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1995 and defined by the boundaries of such listing, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a historic district under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
1230 North Green Bay Road, “Ragdale,” the home of architect Howard Van Doren Shaw, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
1500 West Kennedy Road, Lake Forest Academy, “Reid Hall;” the J. Ogden Armour House and Gardens designed by architect Arthur Heun, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
111 West Westminster, the Noble Brandon Judah, Jr. Estate, House and Gate House, built 1925—1928 and designed by architect Philip Lippincott Goodwin, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1990, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
211 West Westminster, the Noble Brandon Judah, Jr. Estate, Pool and Gazebos, built 1925—1928 and designed by architect Philip Lippincott Goodwin, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1990, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
255 East Illinois Road, the Deerpath Inn, built 1928 and designed by architect William C. Jones with alterations in 1938 designed by architect Stanley D. Anderson, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1992, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
810 South Ridge Road, the Robert P. Lamont House, “West View Farms,” built in 1924 and designed by architect Howard Van Doren Shaw, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1993, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
9-17-1998
89 East Deerpath, the Edward H. Bennett House and Studio, “Bagatelle,” built in 1915—1916 and designed by architect Edward H. Bennett, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1995, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
8-10-2000
1190 Inverlieth Terrace, 550, 561, 565, 570, 575 and 579 Hathaway Circle, the Chicken House, Milk House, South Cottage, Middle Cottage, Main Barn, Carriage Barn and North Cottage, respectfully, of the Clifford Milton Leonard Farm, “Meadowood Dairy,” built in 1923—1926 and designed by architect Ralph Varney, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2000, is found to meet the criteria in § 155.05 and is hereby designated as a district under the provisions of this chapter
12-18-2000
595 Circle Lane, garden features of the Edith Rockefeller McCormick and Harold McCormick Estate, “Villa Turicum,” built in 1908—1918 and designed by architect Charles Adam Piatt, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
12-18-2000
1525 North Lake Road, Lake Forest Cemetery Plan designed in 1857 by landscape architect Ossian Cole Simonds and Cemetery Entrance Gate built in 1919, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
7- -2002
188 Foster Place, the garden wall of the Louis Swift Estate, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
8-5-2002
The Grove Cultural Campus, located at 40-100 East Old Mill Road, including Dickinson Hall and Stirling Halt built in 1929—1930 and designed by architect Edwin H. Clark; Bennett Hall built in 1949 and designed by architect Stanley D. Anderson; and the Log Cabin, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a district under the provisions of this chapter
10-17-2002
1203 Griffith Road, a Sears Honor Built Catalogue Home, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
6-2-2003
365 East Westleigh Road, the William E. Clow, Jr. House, “Twin Doors,” built in 1939—1940 and designed by architect Stanley D. Anderson and James Ticknor, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
6-2-2003
436 East Westleigh Road, the William E. Clow, Jr. House, “Twin Doors,” built in 1939—1940 and designed by architect Stanley D. Anderson and James Ticknor, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
8-2-2004
251 King Muir Road, the Henry K. Turnbull House, built in 1928 and designed by architect Howard Irwin, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
11-18-2004
1100 Jensen Drive, the Gordon Phelps Kelley House, built in 1938 and designed by architect Lincoln Norcott Hall, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
3-7-2005
955 Mellody Road, built in 1928 and designed by architects William T. Braun and Stanley D. Anderson, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
3-17-2005
404 North Green Bay Road, the Calvin Fentress, Jr. House, built in 1965 and designed by architect John Volk is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
7-5-2005
870 West Deerpath, entrance walls and gates to the Albert Blake Dick, Sr. Estate “Westmoreland,” built in 1902 and designed by architect James Gamble Rogers, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and are hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
10-16-2005
104 Atteridge Road, the Cad Vogt, Jr. House; built in 1915—1916; is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
4-20-2006
1701 Kennedy Road, Baggott House, “Blithefield,” built in 1929 and designed by architects Oldefest and Williams, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
4-20-2006
525 Broadsmoore Drive, the James Ward Thorne House; built in 1911—1913 and designed by architects William A. Otis and Edwin H. Clark, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
11-6-2006
580 Broadsmoore Drive, the James Ward Thorne Estate Gardener’s Cottage and Pump House, designed by architect William Otis and Edwin H. Clark, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
10-15-2007
1275 North Waukegan Road, the Clarence W. Hubbard House; built in 1929 and designed by architect Ralph Varney; is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
4-7-2008
1536 Estate Lane, the Albert D. Lasker Estate “Milk House,” built in 1926 and designed by architect David Adler, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
8-4-2008
344 East Wisconsin Avenue, the George H. Fitzgerald House, built in 1902, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
8-4-2008
721 North Mayflower Road, the Mrs. William E. Clow, Jr. House; built in 1954 and designed by architect Stanley D. Anderson and Associates is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
8-4-2008
1150 East Westleigh Road, the Cyrus McCormick, Jr. “Walden” Estate implements shed, built in 1907, is found to meet the criteria for designation in this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
10-6-2008
1522 Estate Lane, the Albert D. Lasker Estate “Dove Cote,” built in 1926 and designed by architect David Adler, is found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
4-7-2010
1065 Acorn Trail, the Gate Lodges and coachhouse/garage, built in 1917 and designed by architect David Adler for A. Watson Armour are found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 and are hereby designated as landmarks under the provisions of this chapter
6-21-2010
1401 Middlefork Drive, Elawa Farm, a gentleman’s farm comprised of three structures designed by Alfred Hopkins for A. Watson Armour is found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
10-2-2017
The property located at 1579 Conway Road is found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 of this chapter and is hereby designated as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
2-28-2018
The gate house, wall, and entrance pillars and gate located at 425 N. Sheridan Road are found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 and are hereby deisgnated together as a landmark under the provisions of this chapter
1-25-2019
The residence located at 250 Majestic Oak Court is found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 and is hereby designated as a local landmark under the provisions of this chapter.
6-26-2019
The main residence located at 1711 Devonshire Lane is found to meet the criteria for designation in § 155.05 of this chapter and is hereby designed as a local landmark under the provisions of this chapter.
 
(Prior Code, § 51-12)  (Ord. 2012-03, passed 2-6-2012; Ord. 2017-56, passed 10-2-2017; Ord. 2018-08, passed 3-19-2018; Ord. 2019-09, passed 2-4-2019; Ord. 2019-37, passed 8-5-2019)