Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) General amendments.
(1) ICC Electrical Code. Any and all references to the ICC Electrical Code are hereby deleted and replaced with NFPA 70 National Electrical Code 2011.
(2) ICC International Existing Building Code. Any and all references to the ICC International Existing Building Code are hereby deleted with no substitution.
(3) ICC International Energy Conservation Code. Any and all references to the ICC International Energy Conservation Code are hereby deleted and replaced with the State of Illinois Energy Conservation Code.
(4) ICC International Plumbing Code. Any and all references to the ICC International Plumbing Code are hereby deleted and replaced with the State of Illinois Plumbing Code, current edition.
(5) Code Official. Any and all references to the Code Official are hereby deleted and replaced with “Building Official”.
(B) Specific amendments.
Insert the words “Lake County Planning, Building & Development” to replace “[NAME OF JURISDICTION]”.
Delete the words “as indicated in the following schedule.” and “[JURISDICTION TO INSERT APPROPRIATE SCHEDULE]”. Insert the words “the effective fee schedule as adopted by the County Board”.
Delete the words “[SPECIFY OFFENSE]” and insert the word “petty offense”. In the eighth (8th) line delete the word “[AMOUNT]” and insert the number “$500.00". In the eighth (8th) and ninth (9th) lines delete the words “or by imprisonment not exceeding [NUMBER OF DAYS], or both such fine and imprisonment.”. In the last sentence delete the word “day” and insert the word “week”.
Stop work orders.
In the fourteenth (14th) line delete the first reference to “[AMOUNT]” and insert the number “$100" delete the second reference to “[AMOUNT]” and insert the number “$500".
MEANS OF APPEAL Delete the entire section and replace with:
“109.1 Application for Appeal: Any person shall have the right to appeal a decision of the Building Official to the Zoning Board of Appeals. An application for appeal shall be based on a claim that the true intent of this code or the rules legally adopted thereunder have been incorrectly interpreted, the provisions of this code do not fully apply, or an equivalent form of construction is to be used.
109.2 Disqualification of Member: A member shall not hear an appeal in which that member has any personal, professional or financial interest.
109.3 Compensation of Members: Compensation of members shall be determined by law.
109.4 Notice of Meeting: Any appeal must be filed with the Zoning Board of Appeals within 30 days after the date of the Building Official’s decision thereon.
109.5 Open Hearing: All hearings before the Board of Appeals shall be open to the public. The appellant, the appellant’s representative, the Building Official and any person whose interests are affected shall be given an opportunity to be heard.
109.5.1 Procedure: The Zoning Board of Appeals shall adopt and make available to the public through the Secretary, procedures under which a hearing will be conducted. The procedures shall not require compliance with strict rules of evidence but shall mandate that only relevant information be received.
109.6 Administration: The Building Official shall take immediate action in accordance with the decision of the Zoning Board of Appeals.”
Recommended Permit Fee Schedule
Delete with no substitution.
(Ord. 14-0316, passed 4-8-2014)