Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. It is the purpose of this chapter to define words, terms, and phrases contained in this chapter.
(B) General word usage. In the interpretation of this chapter, the following provisions shall be observed and applied except when the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) Words used or defined in one tense or form shall include other tenses and derivative forms.
(2) Words in the singular shall include the plural, and words in the plural shall include the singular.
(3) The masculine gender shall include the feminine, and the feminine gender shall include the masculine.
(4) The word "shall" is mandatory.
(5) The word "must" is mandatory.
(6) The word "should" is advisory.
(7) The word "may" is permissive.
(8) In the event of any difference of meaning or implication between the text of this chapter and any caption, illustration, or table, the text shall control.
(C) Abbreviations. Abbreviations are used in this chapter and shall have the meanings as set forth in § 90.006.
(Ord. 19-1061, passed 7-9-2019)