Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In accordance with I.C. 10-14-3-17, there is established and confirmed a Knox County Emergency Management Advisory Council which shall consist of the following individuals or their designees:
(1) The President of the Board of Commissioners of the county;
(2) The President of the County Council;
(3) The mayor of each city located in the county;
(4) An individual representing the legislative bodies of all towns in the county who shall be appointed by the Commissioners after receiving recommendations from such legislative bodies;
(5) Representatives of such private and public agencies or organizations which can be of assistance to emergency management as the Commissioners consider appropriate or as may be added later by the Advisory Council. Including but not limited to Good Samaritan Hospital and Duke Energy; and
(6) The commander of a local civil air patrol unit in the county, if existing, as appointed by the Commissioners, or the commander’s designee.
(B) Members of the Advisory Council shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Individuals who are members of the Advisory Council at the time this chapter takes effect may remain as members and may continue to serve on the Advisory Council until their present terms expire. The Advisory Council shall exercise general supervision and control over the emergency management program in the county.
(C) The Advisory Council shall cause an Emergency Management Director to be selected in accordance with § 35.22 below, who shall have direct responsibility for the organization, administration, and operation of the emergency management program in the county, and who shall be responsible to the chairman of the County Advisory Council.
(D) The Advisory Council shall have and select a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Recording Secretary. The Advisory Council shall meet at least bi-annually.
(Ord. 2014-5, passed 4-21-2014)