Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) As provided for in I.C. 36-9-27-5(a)(2), the Knox County Drainage Board is reformed to consist of five members, appointed by the executive.
(B) The composition of the Board shall be as follows:
(1) At least one member of the Board shall be a member of the County Executive.
(2) All members of the Board must be resident freeholders of Knox County and knowledgeable in drainage matters.
(3) The Knox County Surveyor is an ex officio, nonvoting member.
(C) The term of each Board member shall be for three years.
(D) The initial terms of the Board members shall be staggered as follows:
(1) The term of the first member of the Board shall expire on 12-31-12.
(2) The term of the second and third members of the Board shall expire on 12-31-2013.
(3) The terms of the fourth and fifth members of the Board shall expire on 12-31-2014.
(E) The initial appointments to the Board are as follows:
(1) The first member of the Board is Sylvan Ice.
(2) The second member of the Board is Vaughn Huey.
(3) The Third member of the Board is Jim Sexton.
(4) The fourth member of the Board is Rowe Sargent.
(5) The fifth member of the Board is Matthew Malone.
(F) The ordinance codified herein shall become effective 7-1-2011.
(Ord. 7-2011, passed 6-20-2011)