Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Whereas the County Area Plan Commission is and has been the planning agency with exclusive responsibilities throughout the county including the county, City of Bicknell, City of Vincennes and the Towns of Bruceville, Decker, Edwardsport, Monroe City, Oaktown, Sandborn and Wheatland for the planning and zoning functions of the county and participating municipalities herein named. It is the intent of this section to clearly identify representation on the County Area Plan Commission and the manner of appointment to conform with I.C. 36-7-4-211(a), (Acts of 1981).
(B) To provide equitable representation of rural and urban populations, representatives on the County Area Plan Commission shall be as follows:
(1) Three representatives from Vincennes City;
(2) Two representatives from Bicknell City;
(3) One representative from the Advisory Council of the towns within the county; and
(4) Five representatives from the county.
(a) Vincennes City. One member shall be a member of the legislative body appointed by the legislative body and two citizen members shall be appointed by the Chief Executive.
(b) Bicknell City. One member shall be a member of the legislative body appointed by the legislative body and one citizen member shall be appointed by the Chief Executive.
(c) Small towns. One member shall be a member of the Advisory Council on town affairs selected in a manner to conform with I.C. 36-7-4-210.
(d) Knox County. One member as a representative of the school corporations appointed by the School Corporation Superintendents: one member being the County Agricultural Extension Agent; one citizen member who is a resident of the unincorporated area of the county appointed by the Board of County Commissioners; one citizen member who is a resident of the unincorporated area of the county or a small town appointed by the County Council; one member who is the elected or appointed County Surveyor.
(C) (1) The authority to issue improvement location permits is hereby delegated to the County Area Plan Commission by the county and the municipalities therein.
(2) The authority to issue a certificate of occupancy is reserved by the county and the municipalities therein to enable the participating bodies to combine same with their respective building inspection departments or other inspection designees of their choice.
(3) A separate fee schedule may be adopted by the county or any participating municipalities for a certificate of occupancy.
(4) No offices or designees of a municipality may issue an improvement location permit or a certificate of occupancy for any structure or use to be erected outside the corporate boundaries of the municipality.
(D) This section shall be in full force and effect after its passage by the Board of County Commissioners of the county.
(Ord. 1-1982, passed 1-11-1982)