Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Pursuant to the provisions of I.C. 36-8-11 et seq., it is declared the intention of the Board of Commissioners of the county to allow Vincennes Township to avail itself to the provisions of the chapter and to participate in the operation of a fire protection district encompassing the unincorporated areas of Vincennes Township as of the date of the passage of this section.
(B) The Board of Commissioners in the county find in order the petition hereto submitted by the freeholders of Vincennes Township in all aspects and specifically as follows.
(1) The name of the fire district shall be known as "Vincennes Township Fire District".
(2) The territory is to include all of the unincorporated territory of Vincennes Township, Knox County, Indiana, as may be determined on the date of the passage of this section.
(3) The purpose of this district is to ensure the adequacy of fire protection within the district.
(4) Presently there exists sufficient need to establish a district so as to maintain adequate revenues for the continuation of fire protection services and for the improvement of the service in the foreseeable future and to facilitate future planning for the delivery of services.
(5) The public health, safety and welfare of the residents and/or property owners of Vincennes Township can be assured by the securing of sound financial planning for the delivery of fire protection services.
(6) The operating costs for the protection will be subject to economies of scale and is not conditioned upon receipt of any federal or state grants.
(C) The Vincennes Township Fire District is hereby established on the date of the passage of this section.
(D) The Trustees for the fire district shall be appointed within 30 days after the establishment herein.
(Ord. 8-1981, passed 7-6-1981)