Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In the selection of a stormwater management plan for a particular development, the applicant shall evaluate and implement, where practicable, site design features which minimize the increase in runoff volumes and rates from the site.
(B) The applicant’s stormwater management plan submittal shall include evaluations of site design features which are consistent with the following hierarchy:
(1) Minimize impervious surfaces on the property, consistent with the needs of the project;
(2) Preservation of the existing natural streams, channels and drainageways;
(3) Attenuate flows by use of open vegetated swales and natural depressions;
(4) Preservation of natural infiltration and storage characteristics of the site;
(5) Provide stormwater retention structures;
(6) Provide stormwater detention structures; and
(7) Construct storm sewers.
(Ord. 07-02, passed 4-16-2007)