Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate on Main Street any heavy trucks and other commercial vehicles with over six wheels or two axles, except as necessary to make deliveries or pick up freight for businesses with no other access. The restricted portion of Main Street shall be measured from the four-way intersection of SC 261 and SC 527 to the three-way intersection of SC 261 and SC 377.
(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any heavy trucks and other commercial vehicles with over six wheels or two axles on any street posted “no through trucks” by the Town Engineer upon approval of the Town Council, or upon state highways within the city limits upon approval by the State Department of Transportation, except to make deliveries or pick up freights for businesses with no other access.
(C) The intent of this section is to restrict heavy trucks and commercial vehicles from traveling through certain town streets and:
(1) To eliminate the visual blight created by large trucks and commercial vehicles traveling through certain areas in town;
(2) To minimize physical damage to publicly maintained roadways;
(3) To protect property values and the character of property within certain areas in town;
(4) To reduce traffic congestion;
(5) To protect children and the public from traffic injuries.
(D) For the purpose of this section, HEAVY TRUCKS and COMMERCIAL VEHICLES are hereby defined to mean those vehicles having more than two axles or six wheels.
(Ord. 2018-03, passed 4-16-18) Penalty, see § 70.99