Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The term "fireworks" shall not include toy paper pistol caps which contain less than .20 grains of explosive compounds, toy pistols, toy canes, toy guns or other devices using paper caps and the sale, and use of these items shall be permitted at all times.
('86 Code, § 5.502)
(B) Nothing in this subchapter shall apply to:
(1) Manufacture, storage, sale or use of signals necessary for the safe operation of railroads or other public or private transportation;
(2) Illumination devices for photographic use;
(3) Military or naval forces of the state or United States;
(4) Peace officers;
(5) Sale or use of blank cartridges for ceremonial, theatrical or athletic events; or
(6) Transportation or use of fireworks solely for agricultural purposes.
('86 Code, § 5.503) (Am. Ord. 2014-10, passed 9-15-14)
Exceptions to fireworks regulations, see S.C. Code §§ 23-35-30, 23-35-40