Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Systems Provided:
1. The City provides electric, water, sewerage and solid waste services for the residents of the City.
2. Electric, water, sewerage services and solid waste collection and disposal are operated through the Kingfisher Public Works Authority, a Municipal trust of which the City is the beneficiary; said trust shall have control over the operation, maintenance and administration of said systems and services.
B. Use Of, And Connection To Systems:
1. Every residential inhabitant within the corporate limits of the city, and every commercial or business entity or enterprise who may practically do so, shall secure all of its utility service requirements from the Kingfisher Public Works Authority owned by the city, except:
a. That persons and entities in lands zoned as agriculture shall not be required to use the city water system; or
b. Persons then residing or operating business on land that is annexed into the city limits shall be grandfathered; and therefore, have a choice between their existing provider or Kingfisher Electric.
(1) The above section limited in scope, as new developments on annexed land shall be required to utilize Kingfisher Electric per Section 12-4-11 of the city code.
C. Operation Of Systems:
1. The operations of the Municipal electric power system, water system, sewerage system, and solid waste collection and disposal service shall be the responsibility of the Kingfisher Public Works Authority; said authority shall have the power to establish fees, rates, deposits, charges and such other rules and regulations as may be necessary for the efficient operation of these systems, including empowerment to enter into contracts, buy or sell property, and to issue revenue bonds.
2. The Public Works Authority shall have the authority to establish fees, charges and operational procedures and regulations as may be necessary for efficient operation of the utility systems, and to ensure continued operation of the Kingfisher Public Works Authority, or any other trust of which the City is a member, participant or beneficiary.
3. Administrative processes for all systems may be combined for more efficient operation, at the discretion of the City Commission and the Kingfisher Public Works Authority Board.
4. Ordinances relating to these Municipal utility systems shall be applicable, whenever possible. (2013 Code; amd. Ord. 2020-003, 2-11-2020)