Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Powers and Functions. As amended by the Charter of the City of Hudson from time to time, the powers and functions of the Planning Commission ("PC") with respect to administering this Code are as follows:
(1) Conditional uses. Hold public hearings, review, and take final action on proposed conditional use applications.
(2) Subdivisions. Hold public hearings, review, and take final action on proposed preliminary and final subdivision plat applications.
(4) Site plans–major developments. Hold public hearings, review, and take final action on proposed site plans for major developments, unless the site plan application is called up by the City Council for its review.
(5) Site plans–minor and basic developments. Review and take final action on proposed site plans for minor and basic developments referred to the Commission from the City Manager or called up by the PC.
(6) Design review and zoning certificate approval–development in Districts 6 and 8. As appointed to the Design Subcommittee for Development in Districts 6 and 8, review plans for the design of buildings and other structures, for proposed major developments and make recommendations to the Planning Commission. Take final action on zoning certificates for major development.
(7) Development agreements. Review and make recommendations to the City Council on proposed development agreements.
(8) Planned developments. Review and make recommendations to the City Council on applications for preliminary planned developments and take final action on final planned developments.
(9) Amendments to Code. Hold public hearings, review, and make recommendations to the City Council on proposed text or map amendments to this Code.
(10) Annual residential development allocation. Make recommendations to the City Council regarding an annual residential development allocation pursuant to Chapter 1211 .
(11) Comprehensive Plan. Annually review and make any needed recommendations to the City Council for the timely modification or amendment of the Comprehensive Plan.
(12) Updates of Land Development Code and Official Zoning Map. Periodically review this Code and the Official Zoning Map to determine if they remain relevant in light of the Comprehensive Plan and in light of current development trends and planning concerns, and make recommendations to the City Council for any changes.
A. As amended by the Charter of the City of Hudson from time to time, the PC shall consist of seven electors of the City, appointed by the City Council and not holding other public office, for a term of four years. PC members shall serve without compensation.
B. Each member shall have been a resident of the City of Hudson for a minimum of two years preceding the appointment.
C. No member of the PC shall serve for more than three consecutive terms. In the event of a vacancy, the City Council shall appoint a qualified elector to complete the unexpired term.
D. The City Manager shall serve as ex-officio Secretary of the Commission, but shall have no voting rights on any matter.
(2) Quorum. Four members of the PC shall constitute a quorum.
(3) Meetings, hearings, and rules.
A. Conduct of public meetings/hearings. The conduct of public meetings and hearings before the PC shall be governed by the Planning Commission Administrative Rules. If any provisions set forth in the PC Administrative Rules conflict with the provisions of this Code, the provisions of this Code shall apply.
B. The Chairperson, or in the Chairperson's absence the acting Chairperson, has the authority to administer oaths and the Commission may compel the attendance of witnesses and evidence through the power of subpoena within the municipal boundaries of the City. The subpoena powers shall be exercised through procedures established by the Commission in its Administrative Rules.
A. Findings. All decisions of the PC shall be based on written findings of fact related to the relevant standards or criteria set forth in this Code.
(Ord. 16-57, § 1. Passed 12-20-16; Ord. 16-148, § 3. Passed 2-21-17; Ord. 18-93. Passed 10-15-19)