Skip to code content (skip section selection)
As used in this chapter:
(a) "Curbside" means collection at the curb or from some other location on the property of the residential customer.
(b) "Materials recovery facility" means a facility which meets the standards approved by the Summit-Akron Solid Waste Management Authority. The materials recovery facility need not be located in Summit County.
(c) "Recyclable materials" means;
(1) Cardboard - Any box or packaging made from paperboard, chipboard or corrugated paper material that does not have a shiny or wax coating.
(2) Glass food and beverage containers - Any glass bottle or jar used to package food or beverage products.
(3) Metal food and beverage containers - Any aluminum, bimetal or steel can used to package food or beverage products.
(4) Newspaper - Used or discarded newsprint, including inserts.
(5) Plastic containers - Any HDPE or PETE bottles or jugs.
(d) "Recycling collection" means the separation of recyclable materials from other household solid waste and proper disposal thereof (as approved by the City and in accordance with the standards of the Summit-Akron Solid Waste Management Authority).
(e) "Refuse hauler" means any person engaged in the business of collecting or removing garbage, animal or vegetable refuse, ashes, rubbish, trash or waste materials of any kind within the City.
(Ord. 94-129. Passed 10-5-94.)