Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The R-6 Multiple-Family Residential Districts are intended to provide a district which will allow multiple-family dwellings in those areas where the development fits the comprehensive plan, where properly related to other land uses and thoroughfares are immediately available.
(B) Permitted uses. Within any R-6 District, no structure or land shall be used except for one or more of the following uses:
(1) All uses as permitted and regulated in § 152.091(B) except as herein modified;
(2) Multiple-dwelling unit structures up to three stories in height;
(3) Clinics for human care, nursing homes and sanitariums provided the site shall contain not less than 500 square feet of lot area for each person to be accommodated;
(4) Offices for persons engaged in one of the recognized professions, finance, insurance, real estate, religious or philanthropic organizations;
(5) Funeral homes and mortuaries; and
(6) Y.M.C.A. and other similar non-profit organizations.
(C) Conditional uses. Within the R-6 Multiple-Family Use District, no structure or land shall be used for the following uses until a conditional use permit is approved.
(1) Any use listed in § 152.091(C) and as regulated therein; and
(D) Accessory uses. Within any R-6 Multiple-Family District, the following uses shall be permitted accessory uses: any use permitted in § 152.091(D) and as regulated therein except as herein amended.
(E) Height, lot widths and yard requirements.
(1) The following minimum requirements shall be observed subject to the additional requirements, exceptions and modifications as set forth:
(a) Height shall be limited to 40 feet;
(b) Minimum lot width shall be 120 feet and lot area of 15,000 square feet or more;
(c) Front yard shall be 53 feet from centerline of right-of-way;
(d) Side yard shall be one-half height of building or 15 feet whichever is greater; and
(e) Rear yard shall be 40 feet or more.
(2) Lot area per dwelling unit:
(a) One bedroom: five times minimum floor area;
(b) Two bedroom: five times minimum floor area;
(c) Three bedroom or more: five times floor area of two bedroom plus 500 square feet for each bedroom over two; and
(d) A credit for 300 square feet shall be given for each parking space provided in the principal building.
(3) Floor area requirements for dwelling units:
(a) Each one bedroom apartment shall have not less than 600 square feet of floor area;
(b) Each two bedroom apartment shall have not less than 750 square feet of floor area; and
(c) Each three bedroom apartment shall have not less than 900 square feet of floor area.
(Ord. 110, passed 4-23-1991; Ord. 150, passed 5-26-1998)