Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. General Definitions: Unless the context otherwise indicates, terms used herein have the following meanings:
CITY: The city of Horseshoe Bend.
COMMERCIAL I: Cafes, cafes and bars, taverns, laundromats and car washes designed and used for their intended purpose, shall each be deemed to be one commercial I unit.
COMMERCIAL II: Banks, grocery stores, business offices of all kinds, service stations, truck stops, mobile homes and trailers used as other than single-family residences, post offices, courthouses, railroad depots, beauty shops, daycare centers and all other uses not otherwise defined in this chapter except schools and lumber mills; each shall be deemed to be one commercial II unit.
COMMERCIAL III: Schools and lumber mills shall each be deemed to be one commercial III unit.
COUNCIL: The city council of the city.
COUNTY: The county of Boise, Idaho.
SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL: The following establishments shall be deemed to have the following number of units:
1. Single residential dwelling, designed for occupancy by one family only, which is not occupied by more than one family, one unit.
2. Duplex, triplex, apartment house or other multi-residential establishment, designed for occupancy for living purposes by more than one family, which is divided into separate housekeeping units each of which is designed for occupancy by one family, each housekeeping unit shall be deemed to be a separate unit.
3. Auto court, trailer court, trailer park and other like establishment, divided into separate living units, auto spaces and trailer spaces, with or without housekeeping facilities; each room or suite of rooms, or each auto or trailer space, which is designed to be occupied for living purposes by persons living separately from others, shall be deemed to be a separate unit.
4. Lodging house, rooming house, dormitory, rest home, or other establishment, other than those hereinabove specified in subsections 1, 2 and 3 of this definition, which is occupied, or designed, intended or arranged for occupancy, for residential purposes by one or more persons to whom rooms are rented or otherwise made available for sleeping purposes, without separate housekeeping facilities for each room or suite of rooms; each six (6) beds, or part of six (6), shall be deemed to be a separate unit for which purpose a double bed shall be deemed to be two (2) beds. When separate housekeeping facilities are accorded any room or suite of rooms, each such room or suite of rooms shall be deemed a separate unit.
5. Churches and meeting halls shall be deemed to be one unit each.
WATER RATE CHARGES: Fees, tolls, rates, rentals or other charges for services and facilities furnished by city in connection with its water system.
B. Additional Definitions: For the purpose of this chapter, additional terms shall have the meaning indicated in chapter 1 of the last edition, and any revisions thereof, of the uniform plumbing code adopted by the Idaho plumbing board. (Ord. 136, 9-13-1990; amd. 2008 Code)