Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following regulations shall apply in B-2 General Business Districts.
(A) Uses permitted. The following uses shall be permitted in the B-2 General Business District:
(1) Antique shop.
(2) Automobile service station.
(3) Automobile sales (new and used) and truck, mobile home, and boat sales and service.
(4) Automobile parking lot.
(5) Banks and other financial institutions, including loan and finance companies.
(6) Curio or gift shop.
(7) Drugstore or soda fountain.
(8) Garages for repair of motor vehicles within a closed building.
(9) Gasoline service stations, including normally related services but not including automobile repair.
(10) Grocery store or supermarket.
(11) Motels, hotels, tourist cabins, and tourist courts.
(12) Restaurants, grills, cafes, and similar eating establishments.
(13) Self-service laundries.
(14) All signs permitted in B-1 Central Business Districts.
(15) Retail centers such as shopping malls or shopping centers.
(16) Office buildings.
(17) Public facilities such as auxiliary police or fire stations, main or branch post offices, or city or state highway garages.
(18) Branch libraries other than the main or primary public library.
(B) Uses prohibited. Any use not listed in division (A) of this section is prohibited in the B-2 General Business District.
(C) Special regulations. There shall be no outdoor storage or display of merchandise, and no processing or outdoor services shall be rendered unless authorized as a conditional use. All structures accessory to an outdoor conditional use shall be located at least 35 feet from front lot lines.
(D) Conditional uses. The following uses shall be permitted as conditional uses in this district:
(1) Planned-development projects. The procedure in § 157.051 shall be followed. Uses not permitted in the B-2 General Business District shall not be permitted in a Planned-Development project within a B-2 General Business District.
(2) Outdoor storage, display, processing, or services rendered.
(E) Dimension and area regulations for lots and structures. The regulations of the dimensions and area for lots and structures are set forth in the schedule of dimension and area regulations contained in the appendix to this chapter. The applicable regulations shall be observed in all B-2 General Business Districts.
(Ord. 920.1, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 88-6, passed 5-17-88; Am. Ord. 99-6, passed 1-4-99; Am. Ord. 2007-6, passed 2-5-07) Penalty, see § 157.999