Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Fences, walls, and hedges shall be permitted in required yards in accordance with the following regulations:
1. All fences and walls greater than six feet in height shall conform to the currently adopted Building Code and other applicable provisions of this Code.
2. No fence, wall or hedge shall be erected within the vision triangle pursuant to subsection 6-1-4(A) of this Code.
3. For residential land uses, with the exception of fences used to enclose large livestock, no electric, barbed or razor wire fencing shall be allowed. Barbed or razor wire fences are permitted in Commercial and Industrial Zones only as the top section of a security fence and shall be located a minimum of 72" and maximum of 96" above grade.
B. For residential uses in all zoning districts, the following shall apply:
1. Fences, walls, and hedges not greater than six feet in height shall be permitted on or within all rear and side yard property lines and on or within all front yard setback lines.
2. Fences, walls, and hedges not greater than four feet in height shall be permitted in any required front yard. However, wire or rail type fences used to enclose large livestock, i.e., horses, cows, etc., may be five feet high as a permitted use. Livestock fencing shall be marked in a manner that is clearly visible to the public.
C. For nonresidential uses in Nonresidential Zoning Districts, the following shall apply:
1. Fences, walls, and hedges not greater than four feet in height shall be permitted in any required front yard.
2. Fences, walls, and hedges on or within the rear or side yard property lines shall have no height restriction except where abutting a residential use, the maximum height is six feet.
D. Exceptions to these height and material standards may be considered as a conditional use permit. (Ord. 619, 4-13-2021)