Upon receipt of the certified recommendation from the Planning Commission, City Council shall schedule a public hearing within thirty-five (35) days.
   A.   Notice of Public Hearing in Newspaper
Notice of the public hearing required in Section 1183.06, including other notices as required by state statutes, shall be given by City Council in accordance with the provisions of Section 1183.05B. governing the hearings of the Planning Commission.
   B.   Notice to Property Owners
If the amendment intends to rezone or redistrict property as shown on the Official District Map, written notice shall be mailed by the Clerk by first class mall at least fifteen (15) days prior to the hearing, to all owners of property within, contiguous to, and directly across the street from the area subject to the proposed amendment. This notice shall be sent to the address of such owners appearing on the County Auditor’s current tax list (refer to Section 1183.05C.) and to any other list specified by the City Council.  The failure to deliver the notification as provided in this Section shall not invalidate any such amendment.  The notice shall contain the same information as required of notices published in newspapers, as specified in Section 1183.05B.
   C.   Action by City Council
Within twenty-one (21) days after the public hearing required in Section 1183.06, Council shall either adopt or deny the recommendation of the Planning Commission, or adopt some modification thereof. 
      1.   Amendments fully consistent with the recommendations of the Planning Commission shall require approval from at least four (4) members of Council for passage. 
      2.   In the event the City Council denies the recommendation of the Planning Commission, it must do so by a concurring vote of at least five (5) members of Council. No member of Council shall be authorized to vote by proxy.
      3.   In the event the City Council determines that there are other initial issues which need to be addressed that were not part of the Planning Commission’s consideration and recommendation,  the application must be returned to the Planning Commission for further review and  recommendation back to the City Council.