Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An application for a certificate of registration shall be filed with the Building Official on a form provided by the Building Official, together with the required fee. A separate registration form and filing fee shall be submitted for each entity under which the applicant intends to perform construction operations in the city.
(B) An applicant shall appoint an individual as its designated primary agent. The agent shall be the owner if the applicant is a sole proprietorship, an officer if the applicant is corporation, a manager (or member having authority as a manager) if the applicant is a limited liability company, or a managing partner if the applicant is a general or limited partnership. The agent must be at least 18 years age and citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien on a temporary visa whose status of admission permits the individual to work in the United States.
(C) The application shall disclose:
(1) The applicant's full legal name;
(2) The applicant's form of business;
(3) All assumed names under which the applicant does business;
(4) The address of the applicant's fixed physical primary place of business, and the phone number at that location;
(5) The residence address and home phone number of the applicant's designated primary agent;
(6) The name and address of each of applicant's affiliates or subsidiaries;
(7) Each contractor type for which applicant seeks to register;
(8) The name and address of each person authorized to apply for city building permits or certificates of occupancy on the applicant's behalf;
(9) The name and address of each person employed by the applicant who holds a state-issued license for any of the contractor types listed in this chapter; and
(10) Such additional information as may be requested by the Building Official for the purpose of reviewing and completing the application.
(D) The applicant shall provide proof that the applicant holds all state licenses, permits, certifications, endorsements, registrations, or approvals required for the type of contractor for which applicant seeks to register. In addition, if the applicant is required to register with the Secretary of State it must provide proof that it is in good standing with that office.
(E) If an incomplete application is submitted, the Building Official will provide the applicant an Opportunity to submit complete information. If the applicant fails to submit a completed application within 15 days of the date of notice of a deficiency, the application will be denied and all fees paid will be forfeited.
(Ord. 2009-26, passed 8-11-09)