Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The City Manager shall be the chief executive office and the head of the administrative branch of the City government. He/she shall be responsible to the council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City and to that end he/she shall have power and shall be required to:
1. Employ and, when necessary for the good of the service, remove all officers and employees of the City except as otherwise provided by this Charter and except as he/she may authorize the head of a department to appoint and remove subordinates in such department.
2. Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the council and be responsible for its administration after adoption.
3. Prepare and submit to the council at the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City for the preceding year.
4. Keep the council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may seem to him/her desirable.
5. Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this charter or required of him/her by the council, not inconsistent with this charter.