Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Fees for inspection of plans and specifications, issuance of installation permits for the installation, erection, construction, reconstruction, alteration, modification of fuel burning equipment, combustion equipment, incinerators, process equipment or devices and the installation of apparatus or devices for the prevention, arresting or reducing the discharge of smoke, particulates, liquids, gaseous matter or other matter shall be as stated below.
(B) The applicant shall pay a fee approximating the cost of processing and reviewing the applicable construction or operating permit and the cost of implementing and enforcing the terms and conditions of the permits. The fees are established as follows.
(1) Construction permits for fuel burning units, combustion units, incineration units, process units, pollution control devices, storage tanks for petroleum products or volatile products per unit or tank and other similar equipment.
(2) A charge of $235, shall be assessed for the staff evaluation and issuance of any construction permit application for any major facility (100 tons or more potential emission for any 1 pollutant in a 1-year period).
(3) A charge of $125, shall be assessed for the staff evaluation and issuance of any construction permit application for any facility which is not a major facility.
(4) No fee will be assessed to any applicant for any application, for which it is determined that a permit is not required for construction or operation of the facility, and subsequently no permit is issued.
(5) If the applicant submits an air quality impact study, a charge of $100 shall be assessed for the review and verification of the model.
(6) If the Department of Air Pollution Control conducts a hearing pertaining to the issuance of the construction permit, an additional charge of $250 shall be assessed.
(Prior Code, § 90.065) (Ord. 3522, passed 1-23-1967; Am. Ord. 4128, passed 9-8-1975; Am. Ord. 4621, passed 6-23-1980)