Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Members of the Police Department are hereby authorized to remove a vehicle from a street to a garage or other place of safety under any of the circumstances hereinafter enumerated:
(1) When any vehicle is left unattended upon any bridge, viaduct or causeway or in any tube or tunnel where the vehicle constitutes an obstruction to traffic;
(2) When a vehicle upon a street is so disabled as to constitute an obstruction to traffic and the person or persons in charge of the vehicle are by reason of physical injury or otherwise incapacitated to an extent as to be unable to provide for its custody or removal;
(3) When any vehicle is left unattended upon a street and is so parked illegally as to constitute a definite hazard or obstruction to the normal movement of traffic;
(4) When any vehicle has been parked for more than one hour in excess of the time allowed for parking in any place;
(5) When any vehicle which has been involved in two or more violations of this chapter for which citation tags have been issued and not presented as required, is parked in violation of any provision of this chapter; and/or
(6) When any vehicle or object has been tagged 24 hours for blocking access to a water meter.
(B) A vehicle impounded as provided herein shall be delivered back to the owner or ether person to whom it may properly be delivered only after the fine or fines and costs as may be properly assessed by the Municipal Judge for the violation or violations for which the vehicle was impounded, and any reasonable costs of or charges for impounding and storage, shall have been paid.
(`90 Code, § 20-158) (Ord. 2761, passed 2-19-85)