Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Each member of the Civil Service Commission, except the Chairman thereof, shall receive annual compensation in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00).
(b) The Chairman shall receive annual compensation in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000). (Ord. 96-75. Passed 6-4-96.)
(c) In addition to the compensation due members of the Commission, each member shall receive further compensation as follows:
(1) Thirty dollars ($30.00) for grading procedures performed subsequent to a regularly scheduled civil service test (two members required);
(2) Thirty-five dollars ($35.00) for each regularly scheduled test administered (two or more members required);
(3) One hundred dollars ($100.00) for each test prepared an additional one hundred dollars ($100.00) if test is created by the Commission (one member required);
(4) One hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) for each appeals hearing attended (each member plus the Chairman required);
(5) Thirty-five dollars ($35.00) for each civil service meeting attended (each member plus the Chairman required); and
(6) One hundred dollars ($100.00) for each physical examination attended (not more than two members to be in attendance unless the test has more than twenty candidates then all members will be required). (Ord. 90-161. Passed 12-4-90.)
(d) If a member of the Commission serves less than a full year on the Commission, such member shall be paid on a pro rata basis based on the full months served.
(e) The Chairman of the Commission shall present invoices to the City Auditor as evidence of the functions performed periodically by himself or herself and the other members of the Commission, at the rates specified in subsection (c) hereof.
(Ord. 83-30. Passed 3-15-83; Ord. 16-140. Passed 12-20-16.)