Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) There shall exist the following revised advertising rates to be charged in conjunction with the sale of advertising space on taxis and transit buses and written media produced by the Greenville Transit System:
(1) Vehicle Advertising Rates.
A. The initial cost for sign production, plus 15% thereof, shall be paid to the City by the prospective advertiser $ 50.00
B. Side space per door 50.00/mo.
C. Rear space - tire wheel cover 50.00/mo.
D. Rear space - bracket 21 in. x 44 in. 100.00/mo.; or, 1,000/yr., if paid in advance
E. Interior sign, not including the cost of sign preparation 20.00/mo.
(2) Greenville Transit System Brochure Rates.
Advertising space on brochures $300.00/yr.
(b) In conjunction with the sale of such advertising space, as aforesaid, the following shall apply:
(1) Signs shall not be permitted to display a political or specific religious message and must be approved for use by the Mayor or the Director of Public Safety/Service;
(2) The display of a particular sign shall not be construed as, or serve to be, an endorsement or sponsorship of the message or event depicted on any such advertising sign or media; and
(3) The City shall not be responsible for any signs that are stolen, vandalized or destroyed.
(Ord. 09-38. Passed 3-17-09.)