Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Refusal To Grant:
1. Authority: The city council may refuse to grant any license provided for in this chapter whenever they deem such refusal in the best public interest.
2. Hearing: No license provided for in this chapter shall be refused as herein provided until the person seeking or holding the license shall have been given an opportunity of a hearing by the city council.
3. Notice Of Hearing: Notice of the hearing to determine if a license under this chapter should be refused shall be given in writing, setting forth generally the grounds of complaint and the time and place of hearing. Such notice shall be sufficient if mailed, postage prepaid, to the applicant for license, at his last known address at least five (5) days prior to the date set for the hearing.
1. License: The city council may revoke any license issued under the provisions of this chapter:
a. Whenever in the judgment of the city council the public welfare requires the license be revoked; and
b. Whenever a holder of such a license is guilty of violating an ordinance of the city relating to the granting of a license. (Ord. C61-52, 10-4-1966)
2. Permit: The city council may revoke any permit or license which has been issued for the purpose of engaging in business whenever in the judgment of the city council the public welfare requires such revocation. (Ord. C66-197, 4-13-1982)