Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Registration required. Independent contractors engaged in the business or a combination of businesses such as general construction, carpentry, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, fire protection system installation, excavation, or roofing on buildings, structures, or land within the jurisdiction of the city are hereby required to register and provide a certificate of liability insurance. Roofing and plumbing contractors must provide proof of current Illinois State licensing to complete their registration with the city.
(B) Period of registration. Each contractor described in division (A) above shall register with the City Clerk on or before January 31, 1990, and on or before April 30 of each year thereafter.
(C) Registration fee. The fee for such contractor registration shall be $100 and the amount of the fee shall be determined annually by the City Council on the first regular City Council meeting of July or at such other times as the City Council deems necessary. The fee shall be published in a fashion similar to the publication of permit fees required in § 150.12.
(D) Lack of registration. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to violate, or to cause or allow the violation of the provisions of this section.
(E) Form of application for registration. The application for registration required herein shall be one created by the Building Official and shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following information:
(1) The name and address of the owner.
(2) If a corporation, the name and address of the registered agent.
(3) A description of the specific nature of the construction business.
(4) The signature of the owner.
(5) A copy of the liability insurance policy in the amount of a minimum of $500,000, with the city as the certificate holder, shall be attached to the application. Contractors must provide workman's compensation as required by the Industrial Commission of Illinois.
('69 Code, § 5-19) (Ord. O-89-25, passed 9-11-89; Am. Ord. O-04-30, passed 12-13-04; Am. Ord. O-05-02, passed 2-28-05; Am. Ord. O-07-31, passed 12-26-07) Penalty, see § 150.99