(a) Purpose. It is the purpose of the “D-HR1” multifamily high-rise district to provide a specific zone for high density high-rise multifamily development, the construction and maintenance thereof as required by this ordinance, approved under given guidelines to assure compatibility with surrounding properties, and those uses accessory thereto, but excluding home occupations and individual tenant accessory buildings unless clustered as a group and approved under the given guidelines of this ordinance.
(b) Use regulation. In the “D-HR1” multifamily high-rise district no building or land shall be used and no building shall be hereafter erected, reconstructed, altered or enlarged except for the following uses:
(1) Any use permitted in the “D” multifamily district; and
(2) Special exception uses which may be authorized by the board of adjustment under the provisions of Chapter 3, Article 3, Accessory Uses and Buildings.
(c) Special exception uses.
(1) Bed and breakfast home; and
(2) Bed and breakfast inn.
(d) Height and area regulations.
(1) Except for residential uses, all construction of buildings or structures for those uses specified in subsection (a) above shall conform to the following regulations:
a. Height. Maximum of 144 feet, except in accordance with the provisions of § 6.100;
b. Front yard. A minimum of 20 feet;
c. Rear yard. A minimum of five feet;
d. Side yard.
1. Interior lot. Minimum of five feet; and
2. Corner lot. A minimum of ten feet adjacent to side street unless front yard setback is required.
e. Setbacks. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, no portion of a building over 35 feet in height shall be located closer than one-half of its height from the nearest property line of any property zoned “A” one-family, “AR” residential, “B” two-family or “R1” residential; further, all buildings over 35 feet in height shall be set back a minimum of 25 feet from all property lines;
f. Width of lot. A minimum of 50 feet;
g. Lot area. Minimum of 5,000 square feet; and
h. Lot coverage. Maximum of 0.50 or 50%.
(2) Multifamily residential development shall conform to the provisions outlined in § 6.506 and those for the “D” district.
(3) One- and two-family dwelling units must meet the regulations of the “A,” “AR,” “B,” “R1” or “R2” districts or the unified residential development provisions in § 6.506.
(Ord. 20159-04-2012, § 1 (Exh. A), passed 4-3-2012)