Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall cause or permit a nuisance affecting public health on property owned or controlled by the person.
(1) Open vaults or privies constructed and maintained within the city, except those constructed or maintained in connection with construction projects in accordance with State Health Division regulations;
(2) Accumulations of debris, rubbish, manure, and other refuse that are not removed within a reasonable time and that affect the health of the city;
(3) Stagnant water that affords a breeding place for mosquitoes and other insect pests;
(4) Pollution of a body of water, well, spring, stream, or drainage ditch by sewage, industrial wastes, or other substances placed in or near the water in a manner that will cause harmful material to pollute the water;
(5) Decayed or unwholesome food offered for human consumption;
(6) Premises that are in such a state or condition as to cause an offensive odor or that are in an unsanitary condition;
(7) Drainage of liquid wastes from private premises;
(8) Cesspools or septic tanks that are in an unsanitary condition or that cause an offensive odor; and
(9) Mastics, oil, grease, or petroleum products allowed to be introduced into the sewer system by a user connected to the sewer system.
(Prior Code, § 5.210) Penalty, see § 91.999