Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No employee shall be entitled to use vacation time until he or she has been employed by the Village for one year.
(b) New full-time employees shall be credited with vacation from their month of hire to January 1 of the following year at a rate of three hours per month provided they shall not be entitled to use that vacation time until they have been employed by the Village for one year.
(c) Thereafter, all full-time employees shall be entitled to paid vacations as follows:
(1) After one full calendar year (January 1 - December 31) of service - one week of vacation.
(2) After two full calendar years (January 1 - December 31) of service - two weeks of vacation.
(3) After five full calendar years (January 1 - December 31) of service - two weeks of vacation plus one day of vacation for each calendar year of service over five years.
(4) A maximum of four weeks of vacation may be earned per calendar year. Full-time employees classified as salaried prior to January 1,1989, shall be entitled to a maximum of five weeks of vacation per year.
(5) One week of vacation may be carried over into the next year.
(d) Vacation time shall not be used for periods of less than one-half day (4 hours) at a time.
(e) Each employee shall verify his/her earned vacation with the Village Clerk Treasurer prior to January 1 of each year.
(Ord. 1497. Passed 12-11-97.)
(f) A department head may not authorize vacation for more than one employee in his or her department at any one time except in the case of an emergency. If more than one employee in a department requests vacation for the same period, approval shall be determined on a rotating basis beginning with the employee with the most seniority. All requests for vacation shall be submitted prior to December 1 of the calendar year in which vacation is to be taken.
(Ord. 1601. Passed 9-27-01.)