Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
DISCRIMINATION. Any direct or indirect act or practice of exclusion, distinction, restriction, segregation, limitation, refusal, denial, or any other
act or practice of differentiation or preference in the treatment of a person or persons because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial status, disability, or sexual orientation in the aiding, abetting, inciting, coercing, or compelling thereof.
PERSON. Any individual or corporation, firm, partnership, association, organization, or any other group acting as a unit.
PLACE OF PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION. Any place which serves the public and requires a license or permit issued by the state, its agencies, or the city to operate, including, but not limited to:
(1) Any inn, hotel, motel, or other establishment which provides lodging to transient guests.
(2) Any restaurant, cafeteria, lunchroom, lunch counter, soda fountain, or other facility principally engaged in selling food for consumption on the premises, including, but not limited to, any such facility located on the premises of any retail establishment, or any gasoline station;
(3) Any medical facility which provides overnight accommodations;
(4) Any retail or wholesale establishment;
(5) Any motion picture house, theater, concert hall, billiard parlor, saloon, barroom, golf course, sports arena, stadium, or other place of amusement, exhibition, recreation, or entertainment; and
(6) Any establishment which is physically located within the premises of any establishment otherwise covered by this section, or within the premises of which is physically located any such covered establishment, and which holds itself out as serving patrons of such covered establishment.
(Ord. 06-12, passed 3-13-12)