A. A public utility franchise shall include provisions for fixing and periodically readjusting rates and charges at the direction of the City and for requiring the holder to supply necessary information and access to records and property.
B. The City may, with respect to any public utility franchise granted, whether or not so provided in the granting ordinance:
1. Repeal the franchise for(a) violation of or failure to comply with any of its provisions, (b) misuse or non-use, or (c) failure to comply any regulation imposed under authority of this Charter;
2. Require proper and adequate extension and maintenance of plant facilities at the highest practicable standard of efficiency;
3. Establish reasonable standards of service and quality products, and prevent unjust discrimination in service of rates;
4. Require continuous and uninterrupted service to the public in accordance with the terms of the franchise throughout the entire period of the franchise;
5. Impose other regulations determined by the City to be conducive to the health, safety, welfare and convenience of the public; or
6. Require the public utility to permit joint use of its property and equipment, located in the streets and public places of the City, by the City and other utilities, insofar as joint use may be reasonably practicable. In the absence of agreement, upon application by the public utility, provide for arbitration of the terms and conditions of joint use.
(Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-1974)