A. Multiple member bodies, including boards and commissions, may be established by the City by ordinance or resolution. Such bodies may exercise those powers and duties granted by the City, provided that they do not conflict with provisions of this Charter or state law.
B. Multiple member bodies, including boards and commissions established in this Charter or created after the effective date of this Charter, shall be subject to the following provisions, unless otherwise stated in this Charter:
1. They shall consist of at least seven (7) members, whose terms shall not exceed five (5) years;
2. Initial appointments of persons shall be made to provide for staggered expiration of terms.
3. Appointments shall be made by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council. Removal from office shall be for cause upon recommendation of the Mayor and approval of the City Council.
4. Vacancies which occur prior to the expiration of the term shall be filled for the remainder of the term in the same manner as an expired term.
5. Members shall serve in the interest of all the citizens of the City and, except for compelling reasons stated prior to appointment, shall be residents of the City. In all cases, at least three-fourths (3/4) of the members of all multiple member bodies shall be residents of the City.
6. Each body shall have the power to organize for the conduct of its business including the selection of officers. All rules adopted and used shall comply with the provisions of Sec. 1-801 of this Charter. The rules shall provide for notice of meetings and shall define the manner in which non-attendance becomes neglect of duties and grounds for removal from office.
7. Each body shall report at least once a year to the Mayor and City Council concerning its activities. The reports shall include an accounting of the receipts and disbursements of all monies which have come into its hands and of any monies which may remain in its hands. A copy of the report shall be filed with the City Clerk and be available for public inspection.
(Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-1974)