Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Community gardens shall not be used between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
(b) One structure, no higher than fifteen feet and less than 800 square feet, shall be permitted.
(c) The minimum setback for all structures and growing areas shall be:
(1) Front Yard - 20 feet
(2) Side Yard - 10 Feet
(3) Rear Yard - 10 feet
(d) Any fencing shall:
(1) Be a maximum of four feet in height.
(2) Be a maximum of 50% opaque.
(3) Not contain any razor or barbed wire nor shall it use an electric charge.
(e) Tools and supplies, including pesticides and fertilizers, shall be stored indoors in a secured structure or removed from the property daily.
(f) The use of commercial or industrial equipment is not permitted.
(g) Composting shall:
(1) Be only of materials generated on site and shall be less than 10% of the total site area.
(2) Be kept free of offensive odor and pests and must be located to prevent water runoff from flowing onto an adjacent property.
(h) Maintenance shall be conducted to:
(1) Prevent any chemical, pesticide, fertilizer or other garden waste from encroaching on adjoining property.
(2) Remove all dead plant materials at the end of the growing season.
(i) The on-site sales of products in residential districts are prohibited.
(Ord. 34-17. Effective 12-7-17.)