Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Chief of Police shall maintain the do-not-solicit list. Any property owner, or tenant if the property is leased, may elect to add or remove his or her residence to or from the list, at any time by:
(1) Calling or visiting Police Administration;
(2) Directing an e-mail request to the City through a link to be maintained on the City's website for that purpose;
(3) Returning a request form to be included annually in the Fairborn Annual Report.
(b) Every person who elects to add his or her residence to the do-not-solicit list shall be required to re-register such residence every five years. Any residence that is not re-registered in accordance with this section shall be removed from the do not solicit list;
(c) The Chief of Police shall provide a copy of the do-not solicit list to each person issued a license pursuant to Section 727.05. In addition, any person may obtain a copy of the do-not-solicit list by:
(1) Visiting the City's offices or the Police Department during normal business hours;
(2) Accessing a copy from the City's website.
(d) No person shall enter onto the property for any residence listed on the do-not-solicit list maintained in accordance with subsection (a) hereof for the purpose of contact, canvassing, peddling, vending, soliciting, or requesting contributions.
(e) No person shall knock at the door or ring the doorbell of any residence, apartment or other dwelling unit in the City upon which is clearly displayed at the entrance a notice that reads "NO SOLICITORS" or that otherwise clearly purports to prohibit peddlers, contact canvassers, vendors, solicitors, or persons requesting contributions, unless such person is or has been invited upon the premises by the occupant thereof.
(Ord. 16-14. Passed 5-5-14.)